Thank you for your generous support.
Our Campaign is pleased to share that we raised $110,000 during the month of June as part of the $100,000 Challenge. Money raised from this statewide credit union initiative will be directed to Good Shepherd Food Bank, local community food pantries, and meal sites.
During the Challenge, financial institutions, businesses, and individuals were encouraged to make a donation to the Campaign for Ending Hunger online, or by visiting a credit union branch. 75% of the funds raised online during the Challenge by Maine credit unions will be used to support local food pantries and meal sites. The remaining 25% of the funds, will directly benefit Good Shepherd Food Bank.
“Addressing hunger in Maine is an issue we must continue to prioritize,” said Todd Mason, President/CEO of the Maine Credit Union League. “Raising $100,000 in such a short period of time is a great result, but it doesn’t scratch the surface on what is needed to ensure every Mainer has access to nutritious meals. While our Challenge might be over, our work to raise critical funds remains ongoing.”