The Maine Credit Union League annually hosts a Campaign for Ending Hunger Convention Golf Tournament. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our popular in-person event is moving to a virtual event. Throughout the month of September, golf enthusiasts and Ending Hunger advocates can register to golf in support of our signature social responsibility initiative.
Tournament play will occur at one of three beautiful courses: Belgrade Lakes Golf Club, Dunegrass Golf Club, or the Mar Hills Country Club. Golfers will be able to secure a tee time that works for their schedule at a location that is convenient for them, while still competing for Female/Male Best Overall Score.
- Cost per player with a cart: $160
- Unlike prior years, the tournament will be not be conducted in a scramble format.
- Normally, we hold the tournament scramble style. Because of the virtual setting, we will not be having a scramble. With no time constraints, we want you to enjoy more time on the course, while also having a great day on the greens.
Securing a Tee Time
- If you have not already arranged a tee time, please do so at Belgrade Lakes Golf Club, Dunegrass Golf Club, or Mars Hill Country Club. When arranging a tee time, please state that you are with the Maine Credit Union League. You will not be asked to pay any fees and your cart is included.
- Golfers are allowed one mulligan per game. If you would like to purchase one additional mulligan in advance of tournament play, you may do so below. Mulligans are $10.
Raffles and Scoring
- Because we are not meeting in a traditional fashion, there will be no 50/50 raffle.
- We would like all teams to track their scores. The League will announce in early October who had the best male/female score at each of our three courses. Following your play, please email a copy of your score card to Liv Charron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also ask you to take photos of your team on the course. You can send photos to Liv or share them on your own social media feeds using the hashtag #endinghungergolf. Photos will be added to the Campaign for Ending Hunger website and will be periodically shared on Maine Credit Unions’ social media.
Our annual golf tournament is one of the largest fundraisers we hold to support Maine Credit Unions’ Campaign for Ending Hunger. We hope we can count on your continued support of this event. Funds raised at the virtual tournament will help us feed our community and provide more Mainers with access to healthy, nutritious meals. For information, please contact Olivia Charron, League Marketing Coordinator, at email@example.com.